Get fresh recipes, farm news, and discounts delivered straight to your inbox.
3cupsButternut Squash, cubed
2cupsGranny Smith Apples, diced
24ozApplegate Organics Chicken & Apple Sausage, sliced
1cupsYellow Onion, diced
1⁄4cupsChicken Broth or Vegetable Broth
2tbspExtra Virgin Olive Oil, 1 Tbsp. reserved
1tbspThyme, fresh, chopped
2tspRosemary, fresh, chopped
Sea Salt to taste
Butter or Vegan Butter for greasing baking dish
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 21g||27%|
|Saturated Fat: 3.5g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 47g||17%|
|Dietary Fiber: 6g||21%|
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Butter a 9 X 13-inch baking dish.
- In a large saucepan, combine water and Lundberg Wild Blend® Rice. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer, and cover. Cook 50 minutes. Remove from heat and steam for 10 minutes with lid on. Stir in parsley and add to a large bowl.
- Add squash to a lined baking sheet and drizzle with reserved olive oil. Season with sea salt to taste and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and add to the cooked rice.
- In a large sauté pan, add remaining olive oil and sausage. Sauté over medium heat for 10 minutes. Add onions and garlic, and sauté for an additional 5 minutes. Add to the rice and squash mixture.
- Add remaining ingredients, except walnuts, to the bowl. Fold to incorporate thoroughly. Add to greased 9 X 13-inch baking dish. Top with walnuts and bake at 400°F for 15 minutes covered, and broil uncovered for an additional 5 minutes. Enjoy!